Thursday 17 April 2008

Wildlife of the Darling


I thought that some people might be interested in the type of wildlife I have been seeing. Here is a quick summary of what I saw today.

Birds Choughs x 15
Masked Wood Swallows x 12
White Necked Heron x 15
White Faced Heron x 11
Wood Ducks x 45
Whistling Kites x 4
Pied Commorants x 2
Wily Wagtail x 20
Dotrell x 1
White Plummed Honeyeater x 40
Budgies x 200
Red Tailed Blck Cockatoos x 30
Ravens x 25
Black Kite x 2
Galahs x 10
Welcome Swallows x 20
Goshawk x 3
Kookaburra x 4
Mallee Ringneck parrot x 6
Various other parrots x 100 or so.

Animals Kangaroo x 12
Goat x 5
Turtle x 1
Jumping Fish x 10
Murray Cod
Sheep x 30 or so.

Less herons than normal. And Kites. Lots of budgies but only a few Red Tailed Black Cockies. No swans or pelicans or other such oddities which I have seen before now. The rarest animal sighted so far would have to be an Australasion Bittern.

All pretty good I have to say.
.